L'Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Metallic Eye Shadows: Swatches and Review

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Metallics Eye Shadows:

Swatches and Review

l'oreal infallible paints metallics eye shadow


Hey all, welcome back!

Your seeing this makeup post and probably thinking to yourself, "Isn't this supposed to be a nail polish blog?" Yes, and will be keeping it mostly nail polish related. However, I do enjoy beauty as a whole and want to incorporate more beauty related topics in my blog. I'm positive I have makeup/beauty lover readers, at least I hope so lol! 

I was watching a Youtube video from one of my favourite beauty guru's, Tati Westbrook. The video was called 'best new drugstore products under $10' and she showcased the new L'Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Metallic eye shadows. After watching her swatch them, I fell in love and went on a hunt to find them. Me being in Canada, I feel were always late on getting newer products so it was no surprise when I discovered they weren't released in Canada yet. I'm hoping they eventually do become readily available in Canada because after trying these 2, I fell in love and need the rest of the shades in my life! 

I was able to get my eager grabby hands on these two, because a friend of mine was visiting in the US and found them at Ulta. I wanted to try these 2 shades first: a) to be sure I enjoyed the formula before splurging on the entire collection and b) these two shades stuck out to me most. 

Down below is a swatch photo taken in direct sunlight for maximum vava-voom colour payoff:

l'oreal infallible paints metallics eye shadow

I got the shades 408 Aluminum Foil and 406 Violet Luster. With that first swipe I was in freaking love! I love how metallic they both are, however I found Aluminum Foil to be the most metallic out of the two. Violet Luster is still very beautiful, just not as bam as Aluminum Foil. The formula feels kind of 'gel' like, incredibly smooth and very easy to blend. In my above swatches I did a classic finger swatch on my arm. 

Whenever I wear metallic/frosted shadows, my personal preference for application is using my fingers. I also only use these types of finishes for the lid versus in the crease - I feel it adds a nice pop of glam, especially for an evening out! I start out with applying my matte transition shades in the crease and follow with anything metallic, shimmery or frosted on the lid. Once I use my finger to apply the metallic, shimmer or frosty shadow, I take a fluffy blending brush paired with my crease colour and blend everything together for a seamless look. These metallic shadows would make for a kick ass cut crease look, which is still a technique I'm still working on improving.

l'oreal infallible paints metallics eye shadow


 This collection contains 5 shades total, so I'm missing only 3 - not bad. It would be nice to see them expand on the shade range because I am head over heels in love with this formula! 

Have you tried any of these L'Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Metallic Eye Shadows? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts down below :) 

Thanks for reading and I'll see you back in my next post <3

0 comments

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts