THE DIGITAL DOZEN DOES DECEMBER | FESTIVE HOUNDSTOOTH

Friday, December 16, 2016

THE DIGITAL DOZEN DOES DECEMBER | HOLIDAY HOUNDSTOOTH 


Happy Friday!

Today concludes The Digital Dozen/s does December week and I have a classic festive houndstooth print. I have quite the revived nail fail story to go along with this mani and is quite the scenario lol.

My nails didn't start off like this as they were originally white and black (well kind of black, the base is a deep dark purple which is borderline black). I figured that colour combo paired with such a classic print would look kick ass! I applied my base colour, allowed to dry and sealed with topcoat. After that was dry I went to follow with my nail stamping, which by the way turned out epic because the images stamped perfectly. I clean up any tid bits left over, topcoat and thats where disaster kicked in. For whatever crazy reason, the base colour bled into the white area's of the stamped images. Which made the white areas turn a pastel pink ... not even like in a cute way because it was all uneven pigmentation for whatever reason. At this point it was a little after 11pm, I had to be awake really early and I wasn't trying to entirely re-do my nails. I had to think of something quick because I needed to get my ass in bed! I remember I have the Morgan Taylor 2015 Chrome collection, which are basically water colours for your nails. It comes with a silver metallic/chrome polish to use as a base than you paint over with the water coloured polishes. I figured using the red one overtop would make things look more normal, and thankfully it did because that saved my ass! Was so weird how the base polish caused all this drama but I don't understand the science behind these things lol

PRODUCTS USED:

Morgan Taylor - Cherry Applique (bought this at Cosmo Prof)

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post as I'll be announcing a giveaway!






2 comments

  1. That's so weird that the base polish bled like that. You did a really great job at fixing it though, because these look great!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts