THE DIGITAL DOZEN | VAMPY (WEDNESDAY)

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

THE DIGITAL DOZEN | VAMPY (WEDNESDAY)


The 3rd day of the Digital Dozen vampy challenge had me wanting to test my free hand nail art skills, and went with this blood sucking vampire. I searched Instagram for vampy nails, found this photo and knew I had to give it a go. Mind you, this was totally out of my comfort zone as I don't usually free hand but I pushed myself and persevered. Nail stamping has spoiled me over time, and because of that I haven't dedicated more practice with free hand. Originally when I first ever got into the love of nails/nailart, I did a lot of my art free hand with the help of Sandy's videos over at CutePolish on Youtube! Getting back to the inspiration photo, as the original artist was our very own Cheyenne from the Digital Dozen! Check her out at www.cdbnails.com as she's a truly talented artist and had a lot of fun re-creating her vampire! I'm very pleased with the end result and it came out better than I had originally thought! To sum it all up; I free handed the vampire and used blood drip vinyl guides for the remaining nails. Cheyenne's original photo will be added down below + all products used can be clicked for online purchase!

PRODUCTS USED:

  1. Bio Seaweed Gel - Red Delicious 
  2. Bio Seaweed Gel - White Gel 
  3. Beyond the Nail - Deep Black
  4. Beyond the Nail - Blood drip nail vinyl guides
  5. Glisten and Glow - HK girl fast drying topcoat 
  6. Essence - Satin matte topcoat
  7. Extra items: detail nail art brush + white, red and black acrylic paint 


CHEYENNE'S ORIGINAL PHOTO

 

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY AND HOPE TO SEE YOU TOMORROW <3




10 comments

  1. Looks awesome! Look at my little nubbins and awesome photo quality bahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I was going to attempt the shading around the eye and it was a huge NOPE moment for me lol Your nubs look great and you can pull off both lengths very well!

      Delete
  2. Such great detail! Love the look of this & the matte topping makes it so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Matte topcoat was much needed for this vampy mani :)

      Delete
  3. I love this mani! You have done an amazing job
    Tracy xx
    @oliviajadenails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This is defintley a piece to go in the books for me lol

      Delete
  4. AHHH! That detail! I think my fave part is the little detailed lashes! Ha, thats the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even vampire need pretty lashes hehe thanks!

      Delete
  5. These look so amazing!! I love her little curl haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha yes she totally needed the curl!

      Delete

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts