PHILLY LOVES LACQUER | THE GLEN COCO COLLECTION

Monday, September 05, 2016

PHILLY LOVES LACQUER | THE GLEN COCO COLLECTION


I had the pleasure of swatching the entire 6 piece set of The Glen Coco Collection for Philly Loves Lacquer. This was my first time working with this brand and am excited to bring this review aboard! Esther (owner and operator of Philly Loves Lacquer) gained her inspiration for this collection from one of her favourite movies, Mean Girls! This collection consists of 6 colours - 4 flakie holo crellies, 1 clear colour shifting flakie topper and 1 clear UCC flakie topper. You might recognize this brand, as its apart of the Magic 8 Box! The brand name goes in conjunction with some awesome background information: Esther grew up in Philadelphia, and was fascinated with all the history/landmarks in the city she loved. She wanted to somehow combine the two and thus Philly Loves Lacquer was born! Down below I'll be sharing a multitude of swatches and sharing important information near the end of this post.

Lets get onto the swatches shall we?

-----


A clear based flakie topper with green/gold/pink and blue/violet UCC flakies. This is shown in 2 coats overtop a black base + accompanying matte and glossy finishes. This is so versatile as it can compliment most bases and is probably one of my top favourites from this collection! This can be applied over a base, or sponged on if your going for a fully opaque look. I usually prefer flakies matted out BUT this topper seriously suits matte or glossy very well!











ITS FULL OF SECRETS 

A clear based flakie topper filled with a rainbow of colour shifting flakies. This is shown in 2 coats overtop a black base + accompanying matte and glossy shots. I think this is a kick ass topper but personally feel the flakies are more prominent with a matte topcoat. This would be very complimenting to an array of different coloured bases and who doesn't love a good flakie topper???









I'M A MOUSE, DUH!

A medium grey holo cruelly filled with colour shifting flakies. This is shown in 3 thin coats + topcoat and I instantly fell in love with this shade when it hit my fingernails! Such a beautiful shade of grey and love the added flakies on top of that awesome rainbow shimmer .. holo and flakies in one polish? This is totally me. 




YOU SMELL LIKE A BABY PROSTITUTE 

A periwinkle blue holo crelly holo filled with colour shifting flakes. shown in 3 thin coats + topcoat. Periwinkle is one of my favourite colours in just about anything; polish, clothing, scarfs, accessories .. you name it, I love it! Such a gorgeous shade and was super jazzed to see such  beautiful made periwinkle holo + flakie polish *insert hear eye emoji*




IS YOUR MUFFIN BUTTERED?

A ligher purple holo crelly filled with colour shifting flakies and is shown in 3 thin coats + topcoat. Lately I've been on quite the purple kick and this one is definitely a favourite. I never used to enjoy wearing purple, but over the last few months I can't stop adding purple to my collection. Glad to have this one because its a stunner! 




YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US

A bright pink holo crelly filled with colour shifting flakies and is shown in 3 thin coats + topcoat. I think pink is a necessary colour to this collection, because it brings to mind the classic line; "On Wednesdays we wear pink" .. Amirite??? What's pink clothing without a matching super girly matching manicure??




-----

I love the versatility this collection brings and enjoy the fun variety of choices. All the crelly holo flakie polishes applied equally in 3 thin coats and carried the same formulation, which I really appreciate. The flakie toppers can be worn over top any of the crelly holo flakie polishes for an added punch of pizazz. I really don't have any con's with this collection as I can only muster up positives! Oh! Another thing, dry time is quick which is a huge win in my books. Considering the crelly holo flakie polishes were applied in 3 coats, I was expecting to wait like 12 years for dry time but I was pleasantly surprised! Mind you, I apply thinner coats but still, 3 coats can usually take quite some time to dry down. I kid you not, I applied 3 coats, 1 coat topcoat (didn't wait between polish and topcoat), let 2-3 minutes go by, accidentally hit my nail against something  and there was zero denting! 

This collection will be available in both sizes September 6th. The full set pre-order price will be $62 for the full size and $31 for the mini size and the price will be $11.50 (full size) and $5.75 (mini's) on September 6th. 

SHOP PHILLY LOVES LACQUER:

FOLLOW PHILLY LOVES LACQUER ON SOCIAL MEDIA:

Instagram: 

Facebook:

Pinterest:

-----

As always, thanks for stopping by and I'll see ya in the next post =) 

TOODLES!























0 comments

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts