FIENDISH FANCIES | WORST OF THE WORST COLLECTION

Thursday, August 11, 2016

FIENDISH FANCIES | WORST OF THE WORST COLLECTION inspired by: SUICIDE SQUAD


Suicide Sqad is the newest movie out and what a great inspiration to create a nail polish collection around! Lara from Fiendish Fancies created 5 metallic flake polishes and will be sharing swatches down below! 

I haven't personally seen the movie yet, more so because I never kept up with the comics. I feel I'll be lost watching it and have heard some mixed reviews about the movie itself. I did a google search to give a run down of the movie and this is what came up: "Figuring they're all expendable, a U.S intelligence officer decides to assemble a team of dangerous, incarcerated supervillians for a top-secret mission. Now armed with government weapons, Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc and other despicable inmates must learn to work together. Dubbed Task Force X, the criminals unite to battle a mysterious and powerful entity, white the diabolical Joker (Jared Leto) launches an evil agenda of his own."

Lets get into the swatches shall we?

-----

BATSY

Metallic gunmetal with ultramarine and lemon micro shimmer, inspired by body armour and bat signals in the night sky. This is shown 2 coats + topcoat. This one literally has to be my favourite of the entire collection! I love the uniqueness of this shade and love how it contrasts with my pale skin tone. In the fall I love wearing darker colours like this, especially around Halloween. This'll definitely be a fantastic polish to wear in the upcoming fall season!




-----

WE'RE BAD GUYS

Metallic royal navy with magenta flakes inspired by Harley Quinn. This is shown in 2 coats + topcoat and love the contrast of the colour against my skin. I love shades like this quite a lot, and I'm loving the added magenta flakes for an extra pop of contrast! 




-----

I'M QUITE VEXING

Metallic red/fuchsia with ultraviolet blue flakes inspired by Harley Quinn. This is shown in 2 coats + topcoat. I'm usually not the biggest fan with fuchsia shades but this one took me by surprise. Again going with the contrast, I love how it popped on my skin tone. The blue flakes add a really nice contrast in colours against each other, which are finishes I take a huge liking too.




-----

I'M JUST GONNA HURT YA 

Metallic light purple with silver and green flakes, which was applied in 3 thin coats + topcoat. Although I think this shade is beautiful, I feel it washes my skin tone out and doesn't entirely suit me. I think someone with a tan, or of a darker skin tone, this would pop more! Sad it doesn't suit me, but its still gorgeous! I have kinda mixed thoughts about how it looks against my skin tone, maybe you tell me? Does it suit me, or am I just crazy? LOL




-----

I'M NOT GONNA KILL YA 

Metallic light green with silver and purple flakes shown in 3 coats + topcoat. Again, I'm on the fence with how this looks against my skin tone LOL. This is a lovely shade, but am convinced it washes my skin tone out. I love all the added flakes as it ads a fun extra flare vs a plain metallic polish.




-----

One thing I really love about this collection is the added flakes as plain metallics can be quite boring in my opinion. Brilliant idea for Lara using Suicide Squad as inspiration and who knows, I may end up watching it! This collection is available in 5ml (only sold in a set of 6 - extra polish I didn't receive) and 15ml sizing which can be purchased as a set of individually. Which polish was your favourite? Have you seen the movie Suicide Squad? If so, what are your thoughts? Is it lame? Worth watching? Let's chat down below =) 

Feel free to shop/browse Fiendish Fancies:





0 comments

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts