REVIEW | ETUDE HOUSE TINT MY BROWS GEL

Saturday, May 07, 2016

REVIEW | ETUDE HOUSE TINT MY BROWS GEL



Over past few months, I've been seeing this Korean product reviewed all over YouTube and perhaps you've heard of it? Etude House Tint My Brows Gel is a gel tint that makes eyebrows long lasting after removing the peel. I'm the type of girl who needs all the eyebrow help I can get and was curious to give this product a go. I usually fill in my eyebrows upon completed makeup application with a Milani brow pencil. The day's I don't wear makeup, it would definitely be nice to at least see some filled in eyebrows without me using my brow pencil. Eyebrows is a prominent feature on the face and can really help flatter the face if done correctly.

This product can be purchased via eBay, retails for $9.50CAD each + free shipping and comes in 3 different shades; brown, light brown and gray/brown (taupe). I went with brown and gray/brown as I wasn't sure which would suit me best. Upon seeing reviews, this product was quite intimidating BUT that didn't stop me. I figured whats the worse that could happen? It would eventually fade off if I applied it wrong. The product itself is a sticky, thick gel paste with a lip gloss type applicator. Precision is key upon application, as wherever you apply the product is where the tint will be. It has a shelf life of 12 months and comes in a 0.17oz tube.  


APPLICATION

1) After trimming the eyebrows without applying skincare products or makeup, apply a liberal amount according to desired shape of the eyebrow *apply a liberal amount to easily remove*
2) Dry for at least 2 hours. For stronger colouration, apply before going to bed at night and remove  the next morning. 
3) After drying completely, remove slowly starting from the head of the eyebrow which is the closest end to your nose. *Do not remove the peel forcefully as it may pull out eye brow hairs*
4) Do not use a cleansing product (products with detergency *I think they meant detergent*) or apply force on the eyebrow area within 24 hours of using the product.

BEAUTY TIPS:

1) If skin is too oily or has lots of dead skin cells, tidy up the eyebrow and surrounding skin before applying the peel to ensure good colouring. 
2) If you make a mistake in drawing, correct or wipe clean with a cotton swab or clean tissue before it completely dries out.
 

Getting pretty up close and personal here to share results from before and after. Some of the YouTube reviews varied with how it was applied; some did it over makeup, some did it to bare clean skin and some outlined their brows to ensure precision. I cleansed my face of makeup and skipped the moisturising step as the product will be more effective. I kinda just winged it and prayed the makeup God's were on my side that I did a decent application. I experienced a few bumps in the road but I just cleaned them off with a cotton swab (q-tip). Remember! Eye brows are sisters, not twins. Unless your incredibly blessed with perfect eyebrows than .. WHY ARE YOU HERE? haha just kidding! hehe It's fun learning and keeping up with how makeup evolves. As you can see in the first photo, my eyebrows naturally do have hairs but are both different shapes and prefer them to be of a darker hue. Using the brown shade, I went forward with applying  a generous amount like mentioned on the package as it will ensure an easier peel. I see a Youtuber apply it quite thin .. and didn't look like a good time peeling it off in annoying little pieces. I left the product on for about 10 minutes, as that's how long it roughly took to fully dry and than peeled. It does say 2+ hours but I seen a YouTuber leave it on for 5-10 minutes and it worked just as fine. I would assume the longer its left on, the more pigmented the tint will turn out. I wasn't going for something super dark and wanted to test the waters before I went onto the 2+ hour mark. The box does say to NOT forcefully peel/remove as it may remove brow hairs. My peeling experience went exceptionally well and it came off in one easy piece + didn't take any hairs with it. I was quite impressed with the tint after peeling and was kinda shocked at how easy it was .. but wanted to see how long it would last for before fading away. Especially considering I only kept it on for 10 minutes before peeling. It claims to be able to last up to a week. In some of the YouTube reviews I was seeing, was people claimed the colour to change the morning after. You can see in my 12 hours later photo that the colour did change, but not in a horrible way. It did go a shade lighter but I actually preferred it that way as it looked more natural vs when I immediately peeled the product off. I didn't take photos leading up any further than the 12 hour mark shown, but this tint lasted me a good 3 days! Quite impressed and will continue using this product .. especially in the summer season. Thing's get hot, a full face of makeup is annoying to wear and as long as I have my brows + water proof mascara I'm a happy camper.

WHERE TO PURCHASE

You can just type into eBay 'etude house tint my brows gel' and various sellers will come up. The direct seller I purchased from -->CLICK HERE<-- was really good and got delivered much quicker than I had anticipated. I made the purchase April 14th and received it the last week of month which is amazing because it stated estimated delivery time would be April 29-May 31st. 

What do you think of this product? Have you heard of it? Have you tried it? Would you try it? Let's chat in the comment section as I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

As always, thanks for taking the time out to read my posts <3









1 comments

  1. I've heard of etude house. Its quite popular in the Philippines when I was there in 2012. Everyone had a bb cream or blush or something from them! I want to try this one out though! Oh and the peelable lip tint!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts