REVIEW | TUX POLISH UPTOWN FUNK COLLECTION

Friday, April 15, 2016

 Dominique from Tux Polish, sent me the entire 12 piece set of The Uptown Funk collection at a blogger specialty discount rate. I've never tried this brand before, so I was super excited to play with a new indie brand. I very quickly came to love these and I'm so amazed at how versatile these polishes are! In this collection you can look forward to 5 neon-pastel cremes, 4 neon glitter holo toppers, 1 crelly and 2 glitter toppers. 

This collection will be released and available for purchase Friday, April 22nd 8AM EST!
http://tuxpolish.com/

The collection will be available for purchase as follows: individuals, entire Uptown Funk collection (12 polishes), Uptown Funk cremes (5 polishes) , Uptown Funk neon glitters (4 neon glitter holos and the 'uptown funk you up' crelly) and the glitter bomb duo.

I received the polishes about 1 month prior to release date, so it gave me lots of time to play and gain a better perspective on the polishes. This collection is bright, fun and everything you need to kick off Spring! Notice the name "Uptown Funk' .. does it remind you of anything? .. cmon .. it's a song .. ok ok I'll spill it ..  BRUNO MARS! YAAS! All the polish names are inspired from that song! I love that song as it perks me up and gets me in a happy mood! These bright neon fun polishes sure do that same ;) 

Spoiler alert: The cremes are insanely pigmented/opaque that they apply perfectly in 1 coat, stamp amazing over dark bases and water marble (haven't tried this but another swatcher claims they marble). They also allow for the most perfect gradients! Usually I have to do a few rounds of dabs to get opacity with other polishes BUT with these it literally only took 1 round 3-4 dabs while blending up and down to get a seamless gradient! Also a lot of these polish glow provided a black light wooo! Get ready for some sexy glow shots!

P.S - The watermark @nailexperiments is from my Instagram account and again like mentioned in the last few posts I'm kinda lazy to re-do them LOL

SWATCH TIME!!!

---

This is the entire 12 piece set of The UpTown Funk collection shown in a collage made by yours truly :p
From the top left going all the way around: UpTown Funk You Up, 1/2 time show, That White Gold, Dont Believe Me Just Watch, Livin' It Up In the City, Saturday Night, Say What?!, Hollywood, My Bands Bout That Money, I'm Too Hot, Gotta Kiss Myself I'm So Pretty and lastly Girls Hit Your Hallelujah 


This is The Uptown Funk neon-pastel cremes set
Left to right: Dont Beleive Me Just Watch, Saturday Night, Hollywood, I'm Too Hot and Girls Hit Your Hallelujah! 


This is The Uptown Funk Neon Glitters set
Left to right: Livin' It Up In the City, My Bands Bout That Money, Say What?!, Gotta Kiss Myself I'm Too pretty and lastly Uptown Funk You Up crelly


---

DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH
Pastel neon creme purple shown in 2 coats - topcoat (this is easily a 1 coater but the polish addict in me is used to applying 2 coats for good measure lol)




---

SATURDAY NIGHT
Pastel neon creme blue shown in 2 coats + topcoat (this is easily a 1 coater but the polish addict in me is used to applying 2 coats for good measure lol)




---

HOLLYWOOD
Pastel neon yellow creme shown in 2 coats + topcoat (this is easily a x1 coater but the polish addict in me is used to applying 2 coats for good measure lol)




---

I'M TOO HOT
Pastel neon pink-orange creme shown in 2 coats + topcoat (this is easily a 1 coater but the polish addict in me is used to applying 2 coats for good measure lol)




---

GIRLS HIT YOUR HALLELUJAH 
Pastel neon creme pink shown in 2 coats + topcoat (this is easily a 1 coater but the polish addict in me is used to applying 2 coats for good measure lol)




---

LIVIN' IT UP IN THE CITY
Neon blue holo glitter topper is 1 coat shown topped over Saturday Night + topcoat




---

MY BAND'S BOUT THAT MONEY
Neon green holo glitter topper is 1 coat shown topped over I'm Too Hot + topcoat




---

SAY WHAT?!
Neon yellow holo glitter topper is 1 coat shown topped over Hollywood + topcoat





---

GOTTA KISS MYSELF, I'M SO PRETTY
Neon pink holo glitter topcoat in 1 coat shown over Don't Believe Me Just Watch + topcoat




---

1/2 TIME SHOW
Gold, bronze and black glitter bomb is 1 coat shown topped over Saturday Night + topcoat




---

THAT WHITE GOLD
White and gold shredded glitter topper in 1 coat shown topped over Girls Hit Your Hallelujah + topcoat




---

UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP
Sheer white crelly loaded with neon glitters + some silver holo glitter is shown in 2 coats + topcoat 




---

Doing gradient nail art was a breeze with these cremes, as they effortlessly blend together seamlessly. In just a few dabs you have a perfect gradient and it dries down to a nice chalk like matte finish. I wish I had snapped a photo of the finish prior to topcoat but sadly I didn't. I paired this look with some tropical stamping as it was fitting for the color combo. For this gradient I used: Hollywood + Girls Hit Your Hallelujah 







These cremes stamp like a dream over dark polish bases which is AAAAMAAAAZZZIIINGG!


This is Hollywood stamped over a black base 




This a gradient stamp using; Don't Believe Me Just Watch, I'm too Hot and Girls Hit Your Hallelujah over top a white base  




This is Girls Hit Your Hallelujah stamped over top Dam Polish Sprinkles & Creme 



---
Random glow pic

---


WOOOOO YOU MADE IT! I know this was a long post but I had to make sure I packed as much info about this awesome collection as possible!

Like mentioned in the beginning these polishes are very versatile and the perfect colors to kick off spring and summer! Personally I think I'll mostly use the cremes mostly for stamping as it's rare to find opaque stamping polishes. I'll of course use them for gradients as well but stamping is where it's at with these! The neon glitter toppers are great topper over another color, or can be sponged on for an opaque look <-- same goes with the 2 glitter bombs. I love that these glow under black lights because PARTAAAAY! I definitely will be recommending these polishes to friends because they rock! ARE YOU EXCITED FOR THIS RELEASE?!

DON'T FORGET RELEASE DATE IS FRIDAY, APRIL 22ND EST!

Feel free to get more info on this collection:





































1 comments

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts