GET THE LOOK | VALENTINES INSPIRED GRADIENT MANICURE

Wednesday, February 03, 2016


Tis the season for pink themed manicures, as Valentines Day is soon approaching! I appreciate me a good gradient manicure, as I love that 'airbrushed' finish. White to pink gradient? YES PLEASE! 

I began by applying a white base (Essense 'wild white ways'), and topped off with a quick drying topcoat. Followed with 2 coats of my Easy Peel latex barrier on the skin, surrounding the cuticles to all fingers (I find doing one hand at a time works easiest). Proceeding with a damp latex free sponge, I applied Essence 'Wild white ways' and Beyond the Nail 'Spring pink creme' (I believe this shade is discontinued). Dabbing 'up and down' and 'side to side' slight motions, I begin to sponge the colors on. The 'up and down' and 'side to side' motions help ensure the colors blend together for a seamless gradient finish. I do this about 2-3 times for full opacity, and allow each coat to dry in between. For best results, top off with a quick drying topcoat immediately after the final sponged layer. Peel off Easy Peel latex barrier, and clean up any minor fussy bits with a clean up brush dipped in acetone. 

---

(Shimmery gold NailExperiments Easy Peel latex barrier helping with this messy, but beautiful gradient)


Find Beyond the Nail polishes HERE 






0 comments

You Might Also Like

Popular Posts